Last weekend the UK DMC heat rolled in to Cardiff for the first time in 5 years. I had not entered a DJ battle in as many years, but the lure of a Dj battle was too much to resist. With just one days practice I decided to enter. I must admit the switch from Serato back to vinyl was a strange one, but is was fun digging out all my old routines and battle records. I was slightly apprehensive about entering as most battle Djs roll with custom pressed battle vinyls. I decided to keep my set simple and to the point. My main aim was to pull of a clean routine, anything else was a bonus. I managed to bumble my way through the eliminations in third place with some 3 click flares and a wonky beat juggle. In the main event I was up against the likes of former UK Champ Asian Hawk and IDA Battle Champ DJ Rasp, both dope in their own right. So third from last I stepped on stage set my records and battle commenced. Surprisingly I pulled of a clean tight set of juggles and some nice cuts and avoided the jibbering bag of nerves that usually takes over when on the DMC stage. I managed a 2nd place spot, big shouts to Dj Rasp who was super tight and Asian Hawk for his musical tunrtablism.


Maybe next year?




Cardiff DMC 3

Cardiff dmc 1

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.